[TowerTalk] Radials attached to tower legs

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials attached to tower legs
From: (Eugene Jensen)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:41:14 -0400
I am in the process of installing a U.S. Tower HDX 455 that will have a
Force 12 Magnum 280B, 80 meter yagi installed.  There will also be a 40
meter yagi above that.  There has been a recommendation that I run 3 quarter
wave length copper ground radials from the tower.  Does anyone have any
experience with this other than obviously an improved electrical path for
lightning?  I have no plans for turning the tower into a vertical.  Thanks.
Gene.  K2QWD

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A