[TowerTalk] Tower grounding

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding
From: (
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:14:29 -0600
I *assume* that the tilt over post is made of metal.
I *assume* that there is a mechanical / electrical
connection between the tilt over post and the tower.

Therefore, I *conclude* that the tower is grounded
through the tiltover post.

What am I missing here?

FWIW,  ALL  7 of my towers are 'in the ground'.
NO concrete, NO ground rods, NO radials, and
NO Lightning damage / hits to the towers in >20
years.  Tower heights are 40, 55, 75, 80, 95, 130
135 ft. I have seen lightning or evidence of lightning
strikes to neighbors utility poles and trees.

One more thing, ALL of my coaxial feedlines,
mostly CATV hardline but some RG-213,  go down
to the ground and are routed in shallow open trenches.

de  Tom  N4KG

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A