[TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:28:45 -0400
Bill, if you take a hard look at my message, I was never talking about
full-size 80m yagis.  I agree, those are few and far between -- but what I
was talking about is antennas like the M2 3-element yagi.  I understand
that many of the problems caused by the linear loading on this antenna can
be solved by retrofitting coil loading, which is also supposed to yield
improved efficiency and a better pattern.

I guess I'm still not convinced -- the problems that you and others have
had seem, with the benefit of hindsight, to have been predictable.  Too
much California engineering in non-California climates, for one thing, and
maybe a case of "naw don't bother to do the calculation -- it looks like it
will work to me..."

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A