[TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Yagis -- Too Tough to Tame?
From: (
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:45:58 +0200
Proper linear loading has no gaps compared with coils and Q is better
I had very narrow BW with a 2 element yagi on 160m using coils while it
was much easier to obtain a pattern with linear loading.
Lost power is better dissipated along meters of straight wire or tubing
than on wound coils in a concentrated space.
An high dipole that gets extra gain by ground reflections (at some
elevations) in an efficient transmitting antenna, but without a pattern
that enhance S/N while receiving is generally a much poorer machine if
compared with a directional array.

Mauri I4JMY

> > I have no space for more than what I have up now.
> > My linear loaded F12 rotatable dipole @ 149 feet beats almost
everyone in
> > the contest pileups to anywhere in the world.
> The secret is the height, not the antenna. I always wonder though
> why so many manufacturers use linear loading.
> 73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A