[TowerTalk] Routing Cables - Tower to shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Routing Cables - Tower to shack
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:14:39 -0400
TT:

     So I conclude that lightning energy impinging on a buried coax cable
will at most have a surface/shield current flowing on it, which can be
shunted to ground by a properly applied ground connection at the SPG panel
outside my house/shack.  My planned system configuration exactly.  Any
energy on the center conductor (which got there by striking one of my
antennas at the tower top) ought to be taken care of by the arrestor, at the
bottom of the tower  - again, my configuration.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F