[TowerTalk] Base/Footing for LM470 - Water seepage into hole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Base/Footing for LM470 - Water seepage into hole
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:51:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/01 10:45:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MWapner@Vetronix.com writes:

> I am ready to install the rebar base into the hole and pour the mud.  Should
>  I be concerned about this seepage?

    No. As long as there isn't much standing water when you pour the
concrete; not much being a couple of inches or less. That's not much water as
these things go.

>  Has anyone experienced this in their installation?

    Sure, it depends on where the water table is and what time of year. I've
worked in dry holes and I've worked in holes that had to be pumped everyday
of the foot or more water that came in overnight. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----