To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk]
From: (Rajiv Dewan, N2RD)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:31:09 -0000
There is one other option to consider: two parallel dipoles,
fed 180 degrees out of phase - the W8JK antenna.  The radiation
from the two elements cancels straight up and the combination
has a low angle of radiation and low radiation resistance.
The radiation resistance rises as the antenna is raised above
ground. Matching and efficiency is a big problem.  I built one
and used ladder line for 1/4 wave stub for matching.
The SWR varied a lot with the weather.

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A