[TowerTalk] Wood posts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wood posts
From: VE6JY Don Moman" < (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:24:32 +0100
My choice would be to use pressure treated fence posts - 3" or so by 6'
long.  Then bolt or screw (I just use 3.5" drywall screws) your 2x4 to
that....  slightly more money but 2 advantages:
- lets you easily change or adjust the height above ground and is easy to
repair when a moose/cow/ whatever you have runs amok thru the beverage
field. (I used2x2's which break well before the post would).

Real pressure treated - not just painted or dipped -  posts last a long
time, easily 10 years I'd say.

73 Don