[TowerTalk] Wood posts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wood posts
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:10:56 +0100
> Very true, Pete.  I now remember my father in-law who is a farmer
> commenting
> on how treated lumber is much more likely to warp.  He too
> attributed it to
> how it is daily sprayed in a somewhat haphazard manner.  Not all
> treated
> wood is the same.  I'm surprised yours lasted that long in the
> ground.  It
> depends somewhat on the soil.

FYI, the "real" Western Electric used to have a timber testing
facility near Orange Park, FL (and other sites)...tested all kinds
of wood poles and preservatives.  As I remember it, CCA
treated Southern Yellow Pine was the "winner".

73,
Charlie, N0TT

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.