[TowerTalk] Wood posts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wood posts
From: (Stan Stockton)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:02:22 -0500

I have found that a good, easy to install, and cheap solution is to use
barbed wire fence posts ("T" Posts) for the first 4 foot or so and then use
the appropriate sized PVC (1.25" I think) that will fit tightly over the top
for the last 2-3 feet.  I then use a hacksaw and cut a slit in the top of
the PVC to hold the wire in place and allow it to be easily stretched
between the supports.  I am using some 18 gauge copper plated steel and can
get by with about one support every 100 foot or so.

Stan, K5GO