[TowerTalk] placing electrical power wire inside PVC along with coax

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] placing electrical power wire inside PVC along with coax
From: (Dave Kaiser)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

Definately go with 3-inch. Several years ago I
built my new house with two pvc conduits coming
under the slab into the ham shack from each of
two towers. I even planned this with a ham friend
who is an electrician and he suggested running
2-inch pvc, which I did.

This winter I found that the conduit from the
main tower was way too small. I had up a Force
C-4-XL, requiring two coaxes, rotor cable wire,
coax from a 2m/440 beam, and coax from an
80-meter dipole -- and did not have room for one
of these coaxes. Best to go bigger.

Although I have not tried running A/C through
there, you probably should not -- for both safety
and noise reasons.

Good luck with your project!

Dave, AL7HG
Crystal River, Fla.