[TowerTalk] placing electrical power wire inside PVC along with coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] placing electrical power wire inside PVC along with coax
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:52:12 -0700
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:16:59 -0400, molenda wrote:

>will it couple with the coax or cause some sort of noise
>when it is in use , being that it is so close to the coax  ?

I haven't done exactly what you are recommending, but I know at my QTH
the AC lines are rather noisy, mostly from the computer.  I had a six
meter ground plane on the roof near my swamp cooler and it picked up all
kinds of trash from the AC feed.

The problem with doing it is you'll never know... one day you'll be
listening for some rare DX and not quite hearing it, and you'll wonder.

Best to avoid it completely.

Bill, W7TI

-----