[TowerTalk] The best stacking distance for long-boom yagis - 0.5 wavelen

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The best stacking distance for long-boom yagis - 0.5 wavelength!!
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiri Sanda)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:41:55 +0200
Hi Tono,

Concerning vertical stacking of OWA or other Yagi - there is no practical
worth mentioning difference on HF.
There is a significant difference while stacking various LONG VHF Yagis for
EME or Contesting purposes, but it is different more complicated case very
nicely studied on the both SM.... www.

I do believe I have came with some answers to all your questions. What I
wanted to say is that in some sort of propagation the antennas are too close
and you are getting nothing, in other you might win a lot, but as I do
believe you do not loose concerning signal in the air.

What you lose in any case is time, aluminium, cables... MONEY etc...., but
it is a different story, better not to count because if you start the only
thing which you can find is that you are completely crazy idiot. NOTHING
else.
OK let's make more antennas !

73!
Jiri