[TowerTalk] Hawks

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hawks
From: (Doug Grant)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:23:20 -0400
I haven't been subscribing to TowerTalk until now, so I apologize if this
has been covered before...

Two hawks have taken up residence in the woods somewhere in the
neighborhood. These are serious birds - I think they are Red-tailed hawks,
because that seems to be the most common variety around here (NH). Wingspan
seems to be about 5-6 feet and they have big, sharp, nasty-looking hooked
beaks. They make a screeching sound whenever they are in the trees in our
yard and I am walking around outside; they are apparently protesting my
presence on "their" turf.

I need to make some repairs at the top of my tower. I have seen one of the
hawks perched on my 40M beam. I think he may think it is HIS beam now.

Anyone have experience with large predatory birds attacking tower climbers?

Doug, K1DG