[TowerTalk] BIG thanks to all

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BIG thanks to all
From: (
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:31:44 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/01 7:21:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

>  We used buried antennas (dipoles) for backup
>  purposes.  Anyone on the list ever try BURIED antennas?!?

Talk about concealed antenna!
Got one, loop burried around the property perimeter (abt 700 ft), about 1
inch deep, using it for receiving with good preamp. (Sucks on transmit :-)

It was supposed to be dog radio fence, but dog got smart, didn't need no
radio fence, so I put abt 600:50 ohm transformer in the loop and works well
on receive when bands are noisy.

Yuri, K3BU