[TowerTalk] Home Depot Cold Galvanizing Spray

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Home Depot Cold Galvanizing Spray
From: (
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:21:04 EDT

I share your frustration with the cold galv-products!  I have tried
everything you have including wiping down the clean metal with vinegar and
using scotchbrite, etc. -- same-o, same-o --

I have been using a product called "Zinc-it" that I get from the electrical
section @ Home Depot. I found it to be quite durable AS LONG AS THERE IS NO
ABRASION IN THE AREA. But, like you, I find that I can rub it off quite
easily with a flick of a finger nail within 24 hours -- On the other hand, it
is not as easy to remove once it has setup for a few days in the hot TX sun
but is still far from what I would term as being ideal. I have found that
thinner coats with at least twelve hours between coats seems to work better.
Regardless, there has to be something better out there??