[TowerTalk] Fw: Which antenna should be on top?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Which antenna should be on top?
From: Carlos Augusto S. Pereira" <pt2ho@contesting.com (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 02:41:14 -0300
Mike,

I am talking about a Cushcraft A4S and a 5 ele. Yagi for 6m (boom = 12 ft).
So, it means that if you have enough height for both antennas, the one on
top should be the lighter. I thought (wrongly) that the 6 meters antenna
would see the HF tribander as a kind of ground.

I have seen many setups with a 40-2CD on top (with the HF tribander below).
So the lower frequency Yagi is on top. Perhaps it was chosen this way
because the 40 meters yagi needs at least 66ft  to achieve a low radiation
angle. Is that right?

73

Carlos Augusto S. Pereira
Callsign: PY4RO