[TowerTalk] Re Tower talk Wire 4 square for 160m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re Tower talk Wire 4 square for 160m
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:20:13 -0400
> I can feed the tower but  I want the gain that comes along with 4 square I
> have heard that  a ham has feed the tower and the 4 square wires to but
> don't know who he is.

I know several people who do that.

I run ropes off my 200-foot tower that hold 1/4 wl vertical elements
that form a four-square for 160 meters that fires in eight
directions...or I can use the tower in the center as an omni vertical.

You can find an Inverted L array in ON4UN's  Low-Band DXing book
sold by the ARRL.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,