[TowerTalk] ice stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ice stuff
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:23:22 -0400
ICE makes great products for a number of different applications. ICE has so
many neat products, I simply can't keep them all in stock.

DC passive units allow you to use remote switches that use the coax as a
control line (like the Ameritron RCS4.) They are suitable for voltage
duplexing up to 50 V AC/DC. The 181a covers 1.5 MHz thru 30 MHz. The 183 is
extended range 100 KHz to 30 MHz. DC passive units have MOV's for lightning
protection.

The isolation units, 180a and 182 are capacitor blocked at 2KV for
lightning protection with a gas breakdown tube.

They can be used with either 50 or 75 ohm coax (the transformation ratios
would change due to the different input impedance.) At 50 ohms input, the
rations are 300, 450, 600 and 800 ohms.
73 Craig Clark W1JCC

Radio Bookstore & Radioware
PO Box 209