[TowerTalk] 70' mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 70' mast
From: Mark <ackster@pcsonline.com> (Mark Ackaway)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:17:55 -0400
I am new to this tower stuff and need to get some basic info for my
contractor/engineering friend, so we can put this up right.  We want
to put up a 70' mast such as the rohn h70 or something similar.  The
mast will be place next to the peak side of a house, so the first 16'
can be bracketed to the house.  That side of the house is made of
concrete block, so I am hoping it will be strong enough.

I know I will have to guy every ten feet, can I start the guying at
the 20 foot mark?  I also know I will be using 3 wires at each guy
point.

As for the anchors.  1 or more of the anchor points I would like to be
raised about 10' off the ground.  The will be partially in a pasture
with horse so I need to let them walk under it.  Could I use the roof
or side of the house as another anchor point?  About 30 feet from the
mast across the roof line is the second story of the house this
extends about 6 feet above lower roof line.  Could I anchor to the
side of the house.  Also for the third anchor, I have a barn about 60
feet from the mast could that be an anchor point.

Ok now for the details.  All I want to put on this is a Omni
Directional antenna about 36" long.  The catch is that I live in SW FL, so it
should be able to handle high winds (110 mph is county reg for
towers).

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this ramble.  Also, If
you know any sources for mast please e-mail them to me.

Thanks

 Mark                          mailto:ackster@pcsonline.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----