[TowerTalk] A Good Day

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Good Day
From: carmine1@home.com (Carmine Fiorello)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:35:29 -0700
Finally!

My tower was delivered today from Will Burt (Tri Com LM 470) that I
ordered awhile back. I am impressed with its construction:

A) Extra bracing on 1st section of tower
B) Bracing on mast locking tube
C) Nice instruction manual--through in details
D) Over-kill on base (lag mounts are 3 threaded rods 78" long/ 1 1/2"
dia)
E) Good job with galvanization
F) All the parts are there!
G) They have incorporated the original Tri-Ex tilt-over fixture design

Was fun getting a day off of work--was even more fun explaining to my
boss why I had to do it.

The crane operator was superb, he had the boom extended 70 ft placing
the tower, mounting base, rebar, and tilt-over fixture in my side yard.
Was even more fun preventing the tower from spearing the side of my qth
as it was being lowered between two trees in the side yard.

All in all, it is a nice looking tower---now to dig the new hole in the
back yard and pour concrete.

Carmine
WK6C

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,