[TowerTalk] Tower Cams was-Shack Ideas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Cams was-Shack Ideas
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:06:09 -0700
I bought a set at K Mart around Christmas time for $150. It included a
small 5 in. black nd white tv with wall p.s.(also operable on internal D
cells. The camera had a ring of IR diodes around the lens to illuminate
the scene for night pictures which could be used or not. It also
operated on a wall supply or internal D cells. The camera had a small
rotatable loop antenna on top about 3 in. square. It transmitted both
sound and video on ch. 3 or 4 to the receiver. I think it was made for
watching a baby or store aisles, etc. I believe it was rated for 300 ft
max but not positive on that. It was very impressive and worked very
well in dim light or darkness with the IR diode ring. The camera was in
a nice small plastic case. My daughter uses it out in a barn to observe
her miniature horses when they are about to deliver a baby.  73, Dan,
N5AR

WA9ALS - John wrote:

> > the hamcam works great; originally was to watch the coax not getting
> caught
> > in the crankup
>
> Where are these cams found, e.g. sources?  What are the practical limits on
> distance from the shack?  tnx
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----