[TowerTalk] Shortened 80m dipole/inverted vee

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shortened 80m dipole/inverted vee
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:10:10 -0500

After taking a lightnming hit I'm redoing the antenna configuration on my crank
up tower.  One question is does anyone know how efficient a shortened 80 meter
dipole/inverted vee (80 ft) is versus the advertised "full size" 80m dipoles of
130 ft or so?  The highest I can get the apex of the dipole/inverted vee is 50
ft. (I have a TriEx WT51 with a Mosley Classic 33 WARC (the the 40m kit on the
driven element) on top.  The reason for investigating the shortened dipole/vee
is
my lot is just 100X150   Any help appreciated, or would I be doing better by
putting up a vertical?

Tom, WW5L
Colleyville, Texas

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,