[TowerTalk] FWD: Securing feedlines to tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FWD: Securing feedlines to tower legs
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:33:03 -0400
I received many great responses to my query about securing feedlines to the
tower. There is great variety in how this is accomplished.

1.  Feedlines should be secured individually. Don't secure a bundle. This makes
it difficult to work on just one.
2.  Try stainless steel hose clamps with a padding material to protect the
soft-covered cables.
3.  Try a solid copper wire wrapped around the coax and a tower leg or brace -
various specific wrapping methods were suggested.
4.  Velcro straps work well.
5.  Clamping plates are available from companies including IIX
http://www.w9iix.com/contents.htm
6.  Cable ties that are strong and unaffected by UV are available. There are
also reusable cable ties, but a good current source is not known.
7.  By the way, everybody seems to put their cables inside the tower. Clearly
this only applies to fixed towers, not crank-ups.

Hope I captured all the suggestions here. Thanks to all who contributed.

Jim