[TowerTalk] ladder line balance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ladder line balance
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:19:15 -0700

>> One day an "old-timer" touched a small neon? bulb to one balanced line
>> output post of my MFJ948 tuner and then touched to the other output post.
>> There was a difference in brightness.  Is this a useful method to test for
>> balance.
>
>It is not a valid test.

//  Neon bulb tests seemingly paralled my measurements of voltage to gnd.
on each side of an  open wire transmission line.

>Radiation comes from charge acceleration,

//  So my ancient 1960s college physics courses were understandably
somewhat out of date.  Thank you very much for the 2001update, Mr. Rauch.
> ... ...
Cheers

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end