[TowerTalk] Yeasu K-Factor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yeasu K-Factor
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:17:47 -0500
I'm getting some conflicting info on the Yeasu G1000SDX rotor.  On the
Texas Towers web site they list the K-Factor as 1660 ft-lbs in one place
and 2020 ft-lbs in another.  A check of the Yeasu site says the K-Factor
is 1660 ft-lbs.

If I use 1660 ft-lbs, it would not be enough to rotate a C31XR which has
a K-Factor of 1951 ft-lbs.

On the other hand the 1000sdx has been turning my C4XL quite nicely for
a couple of years which has a 30' boom.

If I upgrade to a C31 am I looking at a new rotor too?

--
Richard Thorne
Advo Companies, Inc.