[TowerTalk] Increasing effective 4SQR array bandwidth???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Increasing effective 4SQR array bandwidth???
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:43:17 -0600
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001  Dinsterdog@aol.com writes:

> Now on my 4th rebuild of the 80 meter 4SQR aluminum 1/4 vertical
> array

You didn't give the design details of your failed elements.

Were they tapered?

Or constant diameter with couplers?

NN4T had problems with tapered elements.
On my suggestion, he went to 7 sections of 6 ft pieces,
each 2 inches o.d. with 1- 7/8 inch o.d. couplers which
were light enough for him to install by himself yet rigid
enough to sustain TN weather and wind.

Tom  N4KG