[TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Tubing Strength (was:Increasingeffective 4S

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Tubing Strength (was:Increasingeffective 4SQR array bandwidth???
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:04:37 -0700

Richard Karlquist wrote:

> It is no problem to walk up 60 feet of 4 inch irrigation
> tubing if you have a helper pulling on a rope to
> assist.

HI Rick et al.

I raised a 50' piece of KLM boom I spliced together that i used
for a vertical by inserting a couple of 15 foot 4x4's in the
ground.  Drilled a hole at about the 12 foot level of the tube
and the top of the 4x4's.  I then just put the rod through the
holes and swiveled the thing up.  Worked pretty good.  You can
add a little counterweight at the short end to help raise it.  73
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----