[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 19:22:52 -0400
> For this statement you need to define which Gap antenna you
> are referring to. The Gap Voyager is 45 feet tall. (not small)
> Has a 10 foot diameter capacity hat, and requires 3
> counterpoise wires.

The Gap antenna I had was just over 40 feet tall and covered 160-
20 meters. It only used three radials (counterpoises).

Are you sure the 160 model is a Voyager? Challenger sticks in my

It was no match for a Butternut on 80 and 40, and far below a 35
foot hunk of aluminum using a base loading coil and a hat made of
four 15 foot wires that also guyed the top. For 40 meters, I had
three skirt wires 33 feet long running up the face spaced about a
foot out from the vertical. I eventually made good use of the
aluminum tubing.

Of course the other verticals had decent radial systems.
73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,