[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: (
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 18:21:00 -0600
The problem with the GAP antennas is on the LOWEST
band of operation where a capacitive reactance is transformed
through a length of small coaxial cable inside the tubing to
present a SERIES INDUCTANCE at the feedpoint, only on
the LOWEST band of operation.

I know of a couple of users of the 160 / 80 / 40 / 20 M GAP
vertical who do reasonably well on 40 and 80 meters and
surprisingly better than one would expect on 160M.  It is
NOT a great antenna on 160, but any antenna is better than
NO antenna.

Tom  N4KG