[TowerTalk] tower strength question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower strength question
From: ajhuddle@inet.uni2.dk (ajhuddle@inet.uni2.dk)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:26:34 +0200
Hello everyone!

This is a commercial tower but I have no information about it from the
manufacturer so I am looking for help with tht calculations - there
must be a computer program which can help??

I will take some exact measurements and post them if someone can point
me towards a calculation method.

I would also like opinions about the guying question: Would the
downward force of the guying have consequences which outweigh the
advantages?

Thanks for the replies both on and off the list.

Andrew

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 16:39:20 -0500, you wrote:

>Andrew,
>
>Hopefully it is a commerically made tower and you can find the manufacturer
>to see what it is rated at.  If it is 90 foot and freestanding and is to
>hold that much antenna, it will have to be a substantial tower.
>
>If it is not a commercial tower the calculations would be pretty involved to
>see whether it would take the load you are proposing.
>
>BTW, I have enjoyed your Ham Band Album.
>
>Stan

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----