[TowerTalk] PVC pipe

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PVC pipe
From: (Craig Clark)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:54:01 -0400
my reference goes back even further. W1FB made a Minooka special for his
tower during the beginning of his 160 phase. He close wound a coil on white
PVC. It burned up due to inductive heating and this was back before we
could run full power on the band. I think this was written up in one of his
160 articles but I couldn't find it in my file.

I do remember his next iteration was with delrin or some other material
that didn't ignite. he told me it was quite a site to see and the neighbors
had a real laugh at his expense!

73 Craig Clark W1JCC

Radio Bookstore & Radioware
PO Box 209