[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: (Peter Larsen)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:43:44 +0100
> Hour after hour was spent in the backyard rigging and tuning
All though not exactly on topic here, this statement brought
back a great memory.
In town here we had a 10 meter SSB net on 28.250 every evening.
Lots of mobiles (vertical) and lots of base stations
I decided that a delta loop for ten would work the best because
it has both polarizations, vertical and horizontal, and I
wouldn't suffer the 20 dB los of cross polarization.
I built the loop out of alum. and wire, put it horizontal
on a short post for tuning, at about 4 feet above the ground.
Well, it tuned great and I worked Texas, and Japan with 59
signals both ways. It also worked well once it was on the
tower, but not as well as my 5 elem. yagi.
You just never know what will happen you spend time in the
backyard rigging and tuning :-)

Thanks for the memory Ed.
 Peter J. Larsen

> Is there another word for synonym?