[TowerTalk] Automated antenna switch

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Automated antenna switch
From: (Ed W4EP)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:48:05 +0000

I'm doing my homework to build a tower site nine band antenna switch. I
want to drive it with a band decoder so that the FT-1000D will
automatically select the antenna based on the band selected.
I'm looking at the Top Ten Device, Array Solutions and the W9XT BCD-10
(Unified Microsystems) units.

The W9XT unit is  $19, only a fraction of the cost of the other two, but
appears to do the same thing. Any comments on any of these units would be
appreciated. As always reliability is a more major consideration than
saving a buck. I don't want all nine antennas grounded during a 30 minute
P5 operation ;-)

Thanks a bunch,

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,