[TowerTalk] Basic question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Basic question
From: ad6id@arrl.net (Tony)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:33:51 -0700
Hi Don,
   When looking for towers, keep in mind that the building code is interested
in the wind load at 70 mph while most tower ads specify wind load at 50 mph.
You have to ask for the 70 mph figure.
   Good luck & enjoy the tower adventure.

73, Tony

Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net
FISTS 3535   WPSS  ARRL

At 01:41 PM 9/3/01 -0700, you wrote:

>It's time to get some aluminum up in the air, so I have been looking at
>various towers.  I'm looking for something around 70', crank-up,
>freestanding, it will initially be used with an antenna with 8.7 sq. ft. of
>wind load.... but should be able to handle 15 or so.  All the ads say "we
>make the best"...  The question is simple... who makes the best tower?
>
>Don
>W6DRB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----