[TowerTalk] Horizontal loops

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Horizontal loops
From: (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:36:01 +1200
ZL1MH uses a 520 ft approx horizontal square loop at 40ft with great success
80 -10m.
I used a similar antenna at a vacation site for some years.
No strange problems tuning with Z match tuners were encountered at either
site, indeed they seem very tractable beasts.
I would advise using a length of feedline that went from there to the shack
with any good balanced line tuner before getting into a tizz about remote
tuners or the like.

Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay
66 Cory Road