[TowerTalk] rebar cages

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rebar cages
From: (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:50:47 -0400
On 8/28/01 10:22 PM, Mike Gilmer - N2MG at wrote:

>It appears that they (Rohn) want four vertical #6
>rebars (one near each corner) with horizontal ties of
>#3 every 12 inches.

That's right.

>The drawing shows each horizontal tie as being one
>continuous piece of rebar wrapped around the

That's probably the easiest way to do it.

>Is there a significant difference in the
>strengths of these two arrangements?

I don't see where you find the second arrangement. The horizontal rebar
is typically one continuous piece.

> Looks to me that
>having separate bars would be far easier to construct
>although using them would likely yield a somewhat
>less stable cage - at least when out of the concrete.

You've obviously never had to cut rebar.

I made mine entirely out of #4. It's much easier to bend the rebar around
in a square than it would be to make all those cuts.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,