[AMPS] Re: [TowerTalk] True Or Not True #2

To: <>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: [TowerTalk] True Or Not True #2
From: (
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:27:39 +0200
Since we are on the way to be correct and precise:

1) A decibel is not logarithm OF ratios of power.
2) A decibel is a decibel, in other words a number, independently if
ratio of power, or voltages or whatsoever unity one likes to use. A 3
dB, for example, is ten times the logaritm of the ratio of powers and
20 times the logaritm of voltages.
3) Saying "2" I meant a generical S/N that's have infinite solutions
beeing the ratio of two signals.  A 2 dB expresses infact an S that's
1.6 times the noise power or 1.26 times the noise voltage (or current).

Mauri I4JMY

> Correction:
> dBs are logarithms OF ratios of power.
> Jim  KH7M