[TowerTalk] guy rod angle

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guy rod angle
From: (Brad Bradfield)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brad Bradfield <> wrote:
> --- "N0TT@" <> wrote:

I forgot to mention one thing.  While I said that the angle of the
anchor rod "probably" wasn't all that critical, I was really referring
to a typical tower/guy combination on fairly level ground.  The
calculations become more complex for an atypical installation such as
one on grossly uneven ground, or where the distance out to the guy
anchors is terribly short.

So when in doubt, follow Brad's Rule of Thumb (or was it The LXC Rule
of Thumb?), consult a PE.  That's what they're there for.

Brad, W5CGH

Do You Yahoo!?

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,