[TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 11:05:12 -0500

n4kg@juno.com wrote:

Lightning Bolt quad's uses ths sceme.  It works very well as its very easy to
pull the wire through.  Once the wire is in and attached the feed point or a
tuning bar for the reflector is installed, the hose clamps can be loosened and
pulled out to put a bit of tension on the wire.  Very nice arrangement.  I
believe the material is small brake hose.

There are actually to brake hoses.  A small diameter hose is placed within a
larger diameter hose.  This was done for strength.  The hose's wx very well.

>         One of the more interesting mounting schemes I have seen
>         uses hose clamps over a rubber? loop with a piece of small
>         rubber hose at each corner for the wire to run through.  The
>         rubber pieces came from an auto parts store.  I forgot what
>         kind of lines were used.   Tom  N4KG
>
> > Thanks for input!
> >
> > Paul   (What is your callsign ?)

> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com