[TowerTalk] HG70-HD

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG70-HD
From: (Barrie Smith)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:46:46 -0600

I just installed an older but good condition Telex Hy-Gain HG70-HD crank-up
tower.  It's been vertical, but I have it hinged down at the moment to
install the rotor.

At the top, it has a "sleeve bearing".  Then, on the top plate, there are
three holes around the mast hole, spaced 5" apart.  I hope these holes are
for mounting a thrust bearing!  If so, what type(s) of thrust bearing would
fit here, and where would I obtain one?

Thank you,

Barrie, W7ALW, Missoula, Montana

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,