[TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning
From: (alsopb)
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 10:44:14 +0000

Have you tried tuning the Force 12 coil/hairpin combo on their 40M
yagi antennas?  Equally a pain.

IMHO potential quad owners need a tilt over tower, a HAZER tower or a
friend with a cherry picker.  Antenna planning always has to consider
getting the antenna up, tuned and repaired!

Fortunately,  I realized that fact of life before trying to use a

73 de Brian/K3KO wrote:
> In a message dated 9/7/01 8:42:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
> > On a 5 band 4 element quad you have 15 stubs.  Each requires lowering
> >  antenna and raising it several times.  Lots of work.
>     Amen. You can burn a LOT of time twiddling with the tuning. That's why I
> switched to yagis.
> Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
> Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,