[TowerTalk] Stacking different yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking different yagis
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. Kincade)
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 07:07:46 -0500
I have a F12 C3XL (33' boom) at 80' on a 45G, which works like gangbusters.
I want to stack something with it at 40-45' or so on a swinging gate
arrangement using a Stackmatch for control. C3XL's have been out of
production for several years (I suspect folks didn't like messing with 3
feedlines, but dang, it's a great antenna). It's unlikely I'll find another
one in good shape to pair up with it, plus I want to use a leftover Ham-IV
to turn it with, so a 33' boom is pretty much out of the question anyway.

So:  Which of the current F12 C3 series would make the best stacking mate
for the C3XL, or does it really matter as long as it covers 10-15-20? Would
one of the short boom C3's be just about as effective as a longer boom in
this situation? The guys are Phillystran, and I have plenty of swinging room
at the 40' - 50' level.

If the consensus is that another C3XL would be FAR superior to any other
arrangement, I could maybe eventually hunt one down, but it would mean
selling the Ham-IV and buying another G-1000, so I'd rather take a simpler
and cheaper route.

Thanks in advance for your learned opinions..  Maybe Natan or Tom will weigh
in on this one.
73, Jerry W5KP

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----