[TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Element Tuning
From: (
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:46:36 -0600
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 EDT writes:
>  Actually my first gain antenna was a 2L triband quad and K7WA
> and I spent  a whole Saturday screwing around with the tuning.
> That was it for  quads. That  and the fact that I wanted to put a
> 40M yagi up too and couldn't do  it with  the quad.
> Cheers,     Steve    K7LXC
> Tower Tech

Are you saying that you still can't just "cut and play" with 2L Quads?
What about W4RNL's website, or others, for a good set of dimensions.
I remember Clark Green (I forgot his call) used to have a 2L Quad
mounted on the same boom as a 2L40.  Sounds like a good idea to me.

I had no problem raising / lowering 2L Quads on a tram line.  Just lay
them on one of the frames when on the ground.  Piece of cake.

Tom  N4KG

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,