[TowerTalk] Delta Loop Polarization

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Delta Loop Polarization
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 06:16:16 -0600
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001  "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:
> Hi Tom (et al)
>
> Always enjoy reading your posts.
>
> My Delta loop as I recall is Vertically polarized. I fed it partway
> (I think 1/8WL(?)--been 9 years since I crawled into the thick trees
and
> installed> it) along the bottom edge.

Vertical polarization of a Delta Loop results when you feed it
1/4 WL down from the apex on one SIDE.  Each side is .33 WL.

Horizontal polarization of a Delta Loop results when you feed it
at the Apex OR in the middle of the Bottom Wire.

Offsetting the feedpoint from either of these configurations results
in both horizontal and vertical components.

Feed impedance is typically around 100-120 ohms and can
be matched to 50 ohms through a 1/4 WL (electrical) length
of 75 ohm coax such as RG-59.

Tom  N4KG