[TowerTalk] Thrust bearing question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing question
From: (James Hall)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:52:04 -0500
Hello TTer's:

I have a question on the smallest part of my tower.  Now, be advised, this
is my first tower in over 25 years and this may seem a trivial question.  My
tower, a UST HDX-572, came with a small steel ring with a setscrew which I
assume slips over the mast and abutts the main bearing.  Even after greasing
the interface, I cannot get this ring to smoothly run on the ridge of the
main bearing.  To setscrew onto the mast at this point I'm afraid would
inhibit mast rotation.  Am I missing something here ?

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,