[TowerTalk] D40 on other bands

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] D40 on other bands
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:36:01 -0300
FWIW,

Any of you guys w/o a 6m antenna, but perhaps a D40 and a HF+6m rig, the D40
plays VERY well on 6m.
Its pattern is like crossed dipoles/butterfly shape and some good gain in
the lobes. 5dB or so I think.

This morning I was easily copying W2SZ/1 on Mt. Greylock, FN32 @ roughly
600kms (tropo, not Es/F/etc.)
at about an S2.....my big 6m yagi just above it had them around S4.

Not bad for an antenna designed for 43MHz below 6m!!!

Works well on 18 & 10Mhz too. (dipole pattern)

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Baby-VE9)
271 Smith Rd
Waterville, NB