[TowerTalk] Delta (Quad) Loop Polarization

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Delta (Quad) Loop Polarization
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:16:39 -0400
> Well it's certainly common to extract a non-H/V polarization into
> these components to do easy mathematical operations.  The only reason
> it is legit to do these operations is that they are equivalent.

Hi Chris,

They are equivalent in the model for arriving at a field vector that is
considered with phase and amplitude broken into two distinct parts
(useful for calculating the combined pattern). It is NOT equivalent in
how we might wrongly perceive the results!

The problem is users ignore or perhaps do not understand the
phase relationship, and consider the antenna to have two distinct
polarizations...which the antenna very clearly does not.

This leads to the VERY false conclusion that tilted polarization is
somehow magically two distinct separate patterns that are
somehow more immune to fading.

Like snake-oil.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com