[TowerTalk] Paranoid vs. Overkill

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Paranoid vs. Overkill
From: (alsopb)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:39:00 +0000
I guess this is "typically" true for some crank-ups.  However, if the
crank up design has a foot or latch which carries the load after
erection, then then cable strength is not limiting.  EZ way towers
used a foot as do rohn-25 Hazer's.  I wouldn't be too keen on any
design which used a cable as the entire support! But we don't have a
lot of choices anymore.
>     Typically ultimate tower strength for guyed towers is limited by leg
> capacity and for crank-ups it's the cable capacity.

73 de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,