[TowerTalk] Form removal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Form removal
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:25:39 -0500
form removal is not critical. Two days is more than enough.
I was a licensed contractor in Chicago for many years.
But what you MUST remember is that concrete hardening is a chemical process.
Depending on the moisture in the earth determines the speed with which
concrete hardens to it's design strength.
I'm sure you've heard that you lightly sprinkle water on a new driveway.

when the moisture content falls below a certain level the chemical reaction
stops.
It does resume when moisture is reapplied.

This is a general statement as their are Fast Setting additives but I advise
against their use generally.

You would need to go to the Portland Cement Institute to obtain the info on
the percentage of strength vs. time and moisture content to determine
exactly what the strength of your concrete is at 5 days, 10, 30 etc.

I can make this absolute statement.
"Rushing is bad."